Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program
Diagnostic Residency Program
While virtually all of our residents go on to do fellowships and many end up in academic or other non-community settings, the primary goal of the residency is to enable our trainees to become outstanding board certified radiologists that can function easily in busy and diverse practice settings.
Outstanding patient care is our first priority and is the example we want to set for our trainees. Diverse patient and disease exposure at oncology and transplant rich university and pediatric hospitals, level 1 trauma and community exposure at a large urban county hospital, and large regional veteran’s hospital experience, is the cornerstone of the educational program with appropriate didactics and other educational resources. There are abundant opportunities for research, professional society, and administrative involvement to round out the resident’s education.
To be eligible for appointment, the clinical-base candidate must be:
- A student in good standing at an American or Canadian medical school approved by the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association.
- A rotating or straight internship approved by the ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) also meets admission requirements and may be used to satisfy the PGY-1 requirement.
- Graduates of foreign medical schools must hold an ECFMG or FLEX certificate or possess a license to practice medicine in the United States.
- A Minnesota medical license is not required for appointment, but each resident should make the necessary arrangements early in their CA-3 year if they anticipate remaining in Minnesota.
- Applicants with a foreign medical degree should check with the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)for information.
Completed application via ERAS must include:
- Three letters of recommendations
- Dean's letter
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Official medical school transcript(s)
- USMLE (Step I and Step II, if available) or COMLEX scores
Application deadline is November 1